Governance is about the way we run Ocean, the decisions we make and how we make them.
We will ensure that our governance:
- is focused on you and your local community
- involves you in assessing our services and making decisions that are open and honest.
To achieve this we will:
- comply with the National Housing Federation’s ‘Excellence in Governance Code’
- continue to encourage residents to become Board Members
The Group Audit Committee maintains effective controls and manages risks to ensure Ocean remains financially viable and secure, enabling us to safeguard your homes and to build new ones. We are always prudent when investing money.
We have a robust business plan and a sufficient cash flow to meet Ocean’s needs.
Monitoring our performance
- report our compliance with the National Housing Federation’s Code of Governance and to our external auditors
- report our financial performance and key indicators of our viability on a quarterly basis to our Tenants and Residents Panel and on our website.