We want to deliver well-designed, cost effective and affordable new homes, that meet local housing needs and contribute to the local economy. We will continue to develop homes in the county that are:
- work with you, through our Design and Advisory Group and individual consultations, to ensure that our new homes and the neighbourhoods they form, are places where people want to live now and in the future
- make sure our new homes are energy efficient
- work towards reducing fuel costs for residents and helping to combat climate change
- work with local residents in all our developments to understand and take account of local issues
- make sure that all our new homes meet or exceed statutory design and funding requirements.
- compare our services with similar organisations and work with residents to bring about improvements
- continue to work with partners to make savings through bulk buying
- provide an appropriate mix of affordable homes to rent and buy. In our own developments of nine homes or more we will develop 30% for Homebuy and 70% for affordable rental. This will be regularly reviewed to ensure the mix of properties meets needs and enables us to develop new affordable homes.
Meeting local housing need and contributing to the local Economy
- work with Cornwall Council and Parish Councils and residents to ensure our developments meet a need for affordable housing
- contribute to the local economy and increase local employment
Monitoring our performance
We will report quarterly to our Tenant and Residents Panel and on our website, our performance against the following targets:
- No. of affordable homes completed
- No. of affordable homes ‘started on site’
- resident satisfaction with their new home.