Planning some DIY?
Fancy sprucing up your home? Want to 'do it yourself'?
You can only alter or make improvements to your home with Ocean’s permission.This can now be done online as well as in writing explaining any structural alterations or adding anything to the property and you will need Ocean’s written permission before work starts.You may need to send in additional plans or dimensions of the improvement. If you seek permission you may be entitled to compensation for qualifying improvements should you end the tenancy.
Please read our Tenant Alterations Policy before contacting us.
What is a qualifying improvement?
- Installation of bath or shower
- Installation of wash-hand basin
- Installation of toilet
- Installation of kitchen sink
- Installation of storage cupboards in kitchen or bathroom
- Installation of work surfaces for food preparation
- Installation of space or water heating (Including solar panels or other ‘green’ heat sources)
- Installation of thermostatic radiator valves
- Insulation of pipes, cold water tank or hot water cylinder
- Installation of loft insulation
- Installation of cavity wall insulation
- Installation of draught proofing to exterior doors or windows
- Installation of double glazing or other window replacement or secondary glazing
- Electrical re-wiring or the provision of power and lighting or other electrical fittings, including wired-in smoke detectors
- Security measures, but NOT including burglar alarm systems
This means that if you spend money improving your home but decide to leave, Ocean may pay you back for the improvement.This is subject to various conditions. Permission may not be granted if you have outstanding arrears/debts or a valid notice has been served (e.g. rent arrears or anti-social behaviour. If you require any further details please contact your Neighbourhood Services Officer.
Please complete the form below to request permission to make improvements in your home